With continued uncertainty in the economy, we just have to ask … is NOW the right time to buy a home? The economists study the indicators, trends and graphs; “experts” make their predictions; and the consumer wonders what to believe.
If you are trying to decide if now is the right time for you to buy a home, consider this:
- Interest rates are at an all time low.
- Home prices have possibly hit the bottom.
- Consumer confidence is in positive territory globally.
- Job growth points to a pull-back in the economy.
- Do you value the investment advice of Warren Buffett?
- An investment analyst who was previously negative on the real estate market claims now is the time to get back into the real estate market.
- March home sales were up over last year.
- Housing affordability index hits record high.
- If you want to buy a home, can you buy a home? The ability to obtain financing is affecting the market and still remains a sticking point.
While no one can predict the future, and until time passes, we won’t know if these real estate stories are wishful hype or educated predictions. We feel there are more positive signals in the real estate market than we’ve seen in a number of years.